Receive up to a maximum of
Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
The program’s wage subsidies help knock down cost barriers, by covering the cost of a student’s salary by 50% up to a maximum of $5,000 and 70% up to a maximum of $7,000 for first-year students and under-represented groups including: women in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM); indigenous students; persons with disabilities; members of a visible minority; and newcomers.
The program enables you to bring on an eager-to-learn student for a special project – and at the end of the placement end up with a skilled candidate already oriented to your company who could meet your future recruiting needs.
Wage subsidies are available to all employers who are creating a work-integrated learning opportunity and who meet the program criteria. Biotechnology or healthcare organizations can hire students from any post-secondary institutions across Canada through BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.
To qualify for the program, either:
- The position needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus
- The employer needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus
- Enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a Canadian post-secondary education institution
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Studying in fields related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), business and/ or any other program
- Max 16 weeks
- Remote work acceptable
- Employers will have the flexibility to postpone placement start dates to avoid rescinding placements