Receive up to a maximum of
Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
- The Global Innovation Cluster’s contribution, both in magnitude and in proportion, to an approved project, will be determined by how, and the extent to which, project outcomes are aligned with its program areas and GIC themes, and the potential for transformation.
- Projects can be both solicited and unsolicited. There may be instances when Protein Industries Canada issues a specific call for projects to fill an identified gap; however, members are encouraged to put forth projects at any time that are aligned with and contribute to the objectives of advancing the processing of plant protein.
Protein Industries Canada will co-invest in collaborative consortia that leverage strengths, address gaps and incent innovation across the value chain. Chosen projects will align to the four priority areas (create, grow, make and sell) and will demonstrate impact up or down the value stream.
- Consortium: At least two members, including one small or medium enterprise (SME).
- Involvement: All consortium members should contribute significantly.
- Funding: Minimum of two financial contributors. Up to 45% of costs can be reimbursed.
- Canadian Business: At least two members should be Canadian companies or multinationals operating in Canada.
- Alignment: Project should align with Protein Industries Canada’s objectives.
- Fee: 4% administration fee of total eligible project cost.
- Innovation: Project should be new or have expanded scope due to co-investment.
- Customer Representation: One member should represent a target user of the technology.
- Project Management: Demonstrated capability for managing complex initiatives.
- AI Experience: At least one member should have experience deploying AI technology.
- Sanction Compliance: All recipients must comply with Canadian government sanctions.
- Environmental Impact: Project cannot be a “designated project” under federal environmental legislation.
For a project to be considered eligible for investment, it must: