Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
Mitacs Accelerate International supports bilateral research collaborations between interns, universities, and industry partners, both in Canada and abroad. Interns at Canadian universities can undertake projects in Mitacs’s partner countries. Interns from Mitacs’s partner countries can undertake projects in Canada.
Accelerate projects with international travel to and/or from Canada have additional requirements from domestic Canadian projects:
- College students are eligible to participate in Accelerate projects with international travel from Canada
- Applicants should submit their completed proposal package at least 16 weeks prior to the planned start date
- Interns travelling abroad (either to or from Canada) must attend any pre-departure orientations as mandated by their home university
- Most Accelerate interns are paid by the participating Canadian university; Interns will be notified of alternative arrangements of payment in their outcome letter, if applicable.
- Benefit to Canada will be considered in pre-submission eligibility screening and also in the review process.