Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
- This funding stream was developed in collaboration with the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami and four Inuit land claim organizations. It is delivered through a directed and continuous intake process over six years, starting in 2023. Each Inuit land claim organization is developing a portfolio of projects to access the funding they have been allocated.
The Indigenous Leadership Fund is a new program under the Low Carbon Economy Fund. It provides up to $180 million by 2029 to support climate action by Indigenous peoples. The program will fund Indigenous-owned and led renewable energy, energy efficiency, and low-carbon heating projects. These projects will help meet Canada’s 2030 emissions reduction target and net-zero emissions by 2050. This is a key part of the 2030 Emissions Reduction Plan.
Funding under the Inuit stream is available for the following Inuit land claim organizations:
- Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- The Makivvik Corporation of Nunavik
- The Nunatsiavut Government
- The Inuvialuit Regional Corporation