Receive up to a maximum of
Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
Horizon AI is a specialized program focused on capturing economic potential from Applied AI. By building a commercially focused AI ecosystem through technology commercialization, talent and global advantage streams, DIGITAL is helping Canadian organizations create a global competitive advantage that enables market leadership and accelerated revenue growth. DIGITAL will co-invest $20M of funds from the commercial pillar of the Government of Canada’s Pan-Canadian AI Strategy, alongside industry, that will result in more than $60M of new investment in the commercialization and adoption of innovative AI technology solutions. By co-investing in the early stages of commercialization and adoption of 10-15 ambitious projects developing Canadian-owned AI solutions, DIGITAL will help Canadian tech companies strengthen their intellectual property and data management strategies; refine their commercial plans and product development roadmaps; and address adoption and procurement requirements in their target markets in and outside of Canada.
- Projects must be industry-led. The lead organization will have overall accountability for project governance and reporting.
- The lead organization is the commercialization entity for the AI technology solution. Ideally, they are also the product company who owns and will continue to invest in the AI technology solution(s).
- The lead organization is expected to make a material financial contribution to the project and be seeking DIGITAL co-investment.
- At least one must be a Canadian SME.
- At least one organization representing a potential customer of the AI technology solution.
- A research or post-secondary academic institution is strongly encouraged, especially to conduct independent evaluations or develop case studies that prove benefits realized by using the AI technology.
- All consortia must have experienced and proven project management capabilities for complex, multi-party collaborative initiatives. Consortia are strongly encouraged to select and engage this party as they develop their Full Project Proposal and for support during contracting. DIGITAL may require that this role be held by an independent third-party to ensure objectivity.
- All participating organizations must be compliant with all economic or financial sanctions or trade embargoes imposed, administered or enforced from time to time by the Government of Canada.
- All participating organizations must be Members or Associates at the time of application submission. For more information and to join, visit here.
All types of organizations, including those located outside of Canada, are encouraged to participate in a project consortium. A minimum of three organizations (excluding DIGITAL) must participate and contribute in a meaningful way, and their contributions do not need to be equal. Each organization is expected to have clear roles and responsibilities, deliverables and financial commitments, which could also be conducting research or evaluations, providing services or bringing experience in certain markets.