Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
Purpose: The OSC is an industry-led, national ocean cluster that brings together startups, scaleups, as well as mature organizations from coast-to-coast-to-coast across the fishery, aquaculture, bioresources, offshore resources, marine renewables, defence, transportation and ocean technology sectors to accelerate the commercialization of leading Canadian ocean solutions that tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- Program A: Company Creation & Growth
- This program is designed to foster new ocean startups, create regional partnerships, connect entrepreneurs to resources, incentivize increased commercialization, facilitate SME-supply chain collaborations, and support ocean industry leadership through innovation.
- This program is designed to address shared talent challenges identified by our members, attract the best entrepreneurs to the cluster, support the growth of work integrated learning environments and skill agility of the ocean workforce.
- We invest in ecosystem-building projects to foster new partnerships with indigenous organizations and other stakeholders contributing to the growth of Canada’s ocean economy.
- To be reimbursed for Funded Eligible Project Costs during an Innovation Ecosystem project, your organization needs to be a Member.
- To be reimbursed for Funded Eligible Projects Costs during a Technology Leadership Project, your organization needs to be an Industry Member.
- To be eligible as an Industry Member, your organization needs to be registered in Canada, and needs to be either a for-profit company, or a non-profit that receives its funding primarily through the private sector.
- Industry Members provide a portion of their overall cash contribution to the OSC for cluster building activities (in-kind contributions are not taken into consideration). These are called membership commitments and are in addition to the amount invested in projects.