Work with Pocketed to maximize program funding
The Apprenticeship Wage Subsidy (AWS) program assists apprentices to gain work experience in their skilled trade, and progress to journeyperson certification by providing a wage subsidy to employers who hire apprentices. The program supports apprentices across all levels – First, Second, Third and Fourth year.
Employers that are incorporated businesses, or sole proprietorships, and registered to conduct business in Newfoundland and Labrador, and:
- In good standing with the Newfoundland and Labrador Registry of Companies and Deeds;
- Have an office or operation in the province;
- Have a signed Memorandum of Understanding with the department that confirms they have a qualified journeyperson on site in the appropriate trade; and
- Can offer relevant work experience to the apprentice as required by the Institutional and Industrial Training Division.
- EI eligible and Non EI eligible apprentices are eligible under the program. The apprentice must be eligible to register, or already be registered, with the Institutional and Industrial Training Division as an apprentice.